The purpose of Sky’s the Limit Fund is to provide the opportunity for persons who, due to financial restrictions, would be unable to participate in a wilderness therapy programs without financial support. Sky’s the Limit Fund currently only provides partial grants based on financial need.
- Financial necessity. Income should not exceed $85,000 per year
- Applicant must already be accepted into a wilderness therapy program that Sky’s the Limit Fund is partnered with. You can find a list of our wilderness therapy partners here: www.skysthelimitfund.org/partner-programs/
- Applicant must not already be enrolled in the wilderness therapy program
- Grant funds are available for youth and young adults ages 10-25
- Grant application must be submitted complete and with all required documentation
- Applicant’s primary address must be in the U.S.
- Completed applications are submitted to Sky’s the Limit Fund (STLF). STLF Program Coordinator will assess eligibility. Requests are reviewed on a rolling basis. STLF provides partial grants only and does not provide full scholarships
- STLF will contact applicant to set interview date and time
- STLF will conduct a telephone interview with both the parent(s) and/or student
- Once the above items have been completed, STLF will review gathered information. The review process can take up to 3-6 business days
- Amount of award and number of grants awarded varies based on available funds
- There is no fee to apply or re-apply
More detail can be found on the Grant Application .
No member of the Sky’s the Limit Fund Board of Directors or his or her immediate family, shall be eligible for financial assistance during his or her tenure on the Sky’s the Limit Fund Board of Directors.