Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The purpose of Sky’s the Limit Fund (STLF) is to provide the opportunity for persons who, due to financial restrictions, are unable to participate in wilderness therapy programs. Sky’s the Limit Fund provides financial support, enabling these individuals to attend a wilderness therapy program. The amount of STLF’s support is based on the applicant’s financial need.
Youth/Young Adult: Individual attending the wilderness therapy program
Applicant: Individual(s) completing the STLF application for support. In most cases this is the parent(s)/guardian who has financial responsibility for the youth/young adult. Young adults who are financially independent complete the application.
- Financial Need: The general financial guideline is that income does not exceed $95,000. However, this is a guideline, and we review every application and supporting documents to determine financial need. If you have questions regarding this criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 408-618-8093.
- Youth/Young adult’s primary residence must be in the United States.
- Youth/young adult must be accepted to a STLF partner program to apply for STLF support.
- STLF application for support must be submitted prior to the youth/young adult entering the wilderness therapy field/ going to the program.
- STLF does not provide full scholarships for tuition.
- STLF partner programs match STLF funding, further reducing the tuition balance.
- Completed applications, with all required documentation, are submitted to STLF. Requests are reviewed on a rolling basis, as received.
- STLF Program Coordinator will assess eligibility.
- STLF will contact the applicant to set an interview date and time.
- STLF will conduct a telephone interview with the parent(s)/guardian(s) and/or student.
- Once the above items have been completed, STLF will review the gathered information. The review process can take 3-5 business days.
- The amount of STLF support provided will be based on the financial need of the applicant.
- There is no fee to apply or re-apply.
More details can be found on the Grant Application.
No member of Sky’s the Limit Fund’s Board of Directors, or his or her immediate family, shall be eligible for financial assistance during his or her tenure on Sky’s the Limit Fund’s Board of Directors.