Eligibility Criteria and Selection Process
The purpose of Sky's the Limit Fund (STLF) is to provide the opportunity for persons who, due to financial restrictions, would be unable to participate in a wilderness therapy programs without Grant support.
- Financial necessity
- Applicant cannot already be placed in a wilderness therapy program
- Grant funds are available for youth and young adults ages 13-21
- Grant application must be submitted complete and with all required documentation
- Completed applications are submitted to Sky's the Limit Fund (STLF). STLF Intake Coordinator will assess eligibility and assign a STLF board Liaison.
- Board liaison will contact applicant to set interview date and time
- Board liaison will conduct a telephone interview with both the parent(s) and/or student
- Once the above items have been completed, board liaison will present gathered information to the STLF Grant Review Committee with recommendation. The review process may take up to 3-6 business days
- Requests are reviewed on a rolling basis
- Number of scholarships awarded varies based on available funds
- Amount of scholarship award varies based on available funds
- There is no fee to apply or re-apply
More detail can be found on the grant application under Grant Application Guidelines.
No member of the Sky's the Limit Fund Board of Directors or his or her immediate family, shall be eligible for financial assistance during his or her tenure on the Sky's the Limit Fund Board of Directors.